Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Luke's first 2011 bass and the "Mamba"

Luke and I went out fishing for a little bit tonight. The water was still pretty cold AND muddy but it was too nice not to go. I caught 5 crappie(one 11 incher) and 1 stinky shad. Luke caught 4-5 little bass, including the one pictured below:



















I have also pulled out the ole recurve a couple weeks ago and have been trying to shoot 3-5 times a week. I got this bow back in 1993 and have not shot it very much since 1997. I have taken a few deer with it and that is what I hope to do this Fall. It is a Martin Mamba and is 58" long. It is made for 55 pound pull at 28" draw. I shoot almost a 30" draw. For every extra inch you pull past the designated 28" you add 2 1/2 pounds. So when I shoot it I pull back almost 60 pounds. Here are a couple shots of the beauty:





















Here are my shoots tonight from 15 yards. What a great stress reliever.


No comments:

Post a Comment