Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Bob Beatty rig...

Well, everytime I go to the reservoir I have mixed emotions. I have enclosed a picture to show you why.


Bob and Luke hit it off from the beginning. Bob was amazed that Luke (then only four) would fish for 5-6 hours at a time and not stop. During the outing shown in the picture, we caught over 200 crappie that day. Luke actually caught a double (two fish on one line). We caught the fish on what Luke and I now call the Bob Beatty rig. It is basically a tube jig at the bottom (red and white) with a heavy split shot about a foot above it. You can cast it or troll it.

Today I fished the spot shown in the picture and the Bob Beatty rig worked once again. I think Bob was helping me out a little bit today since the water was 47 degree and stained. I caught 7 crappie (missed that many too), 1 14" bass, and two stinky shad.

Luke and I both miss our fishin partner, but know he is at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment