Thursday, July 26, 2012

Shooters

There is a lot preference that comes into play when shooting a deer. Some think, "If it's brown - its down" and others tend to be very picky. Depending on what you want to experience during your hunting will depend where you fall. For me I will not shoot any bucks under the age of 3 1/2 and will shoot about any size doe early/late in the season. For Luke he has the green light to shoot whatever he wants to. I have no desire to shoot a spike or a "basket 8" but that is just me.

To hunt a mature whitetail is very challenging. Shooting those 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 year old's are pretty easy to do since they act like teenage boys (read between the lines).

Here are a couple bucks I am after for this year:






















Age, genetics, and nutrition are crucial for mature bucks. I got nutrition and genetics - now to let the small ones pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment