Friday, October 1, 2010

Opening Day!!!

Well, it has been a while since I last posted. There has been a lot going on with the Richmond family the past few weeks.

Today is opening day of bow season here in Indiana. I went out late today due to having to get the kids on the bus. I got out in the stand about 7:50am and busted one going in. After about ten minutes in the stand, a big coon came walking by about 40 yards away. The only thing to come out for the next hour was squirrels and chipmunks. In dry leaves they sound like they weigh 100 pounds!!! I had a coyote come by at 20 yards but I could not get a shot. I usually carry and old broadhead/arrow for them. I could not get him to stop or I would have plugged him.

All in all a great morning!! What a blessing to be out. It is indeed my therapy.

Going to try again tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment